Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fathers' Day!

12th June 2011, one week more for Fathers' Day and I've done nothing. Panic mode was on. My sister-in-law was back for a short break, so her brother's car became her's. Since Andrew was driving the Vios around, I became immobile. I hate being dependent.

"What do I get for the 3 fathers?"
" How can I do it without Andrew's knowledge?"

Tadaaa! A brilliant idea came to me. Shaubashini aka Shubie! A very close buddy of mine, all the way from  Penang. A queen of all crafts. A loving soul. A happening mother! I raced to my lappy. Typed out http://shubiemohan.blogspot.com/. I found what I was looking for..pretty hand-made cards!

I grabbed my phone and sent her a text message, although I knew chances were very slim because she was at the midst of preparing stuff for her daughter's 3rd year birthday, which fell on Fathers' Day too. I wrote to her telling that I was just testing my luck and I'll be completely fine to take on any rejection coz I knew how busy she was at that point of time! Luck was on my side. I jumped out of joy when I saw her reply. Told you she's one loving soul :) Didn't want to miss the chance, I placed my orders right away. 3 cards: 1 for Papa; 1 for FIL; 1 for Raoull's Daddy.

Within the same hour, I received sample cards from her. I picked and selected 2. I wanted something different for Andrew. Something fun. Something very baby'ish. I told her.

Thursday morning came, and my cards were delivered to my doorstep.

Papa's card
Card made for FIL
Raoull's Daddy's
Very pretty right? I loved Andrew's card the most although I couldn't stop staring at the rest of them. I was overjoyed. All cards came with her very own signature OK, don't pray pray! So buy original friends :) If you see any of it without this little signature thingy, then you know I pirated it *evil laugh*


All the cards were left empty inside, so that I can bla bla bla in it. I let Andrew write both my Papa's and his Dad's cards simply because he has this very unique hand-writing. But I did the inner part of Andrew's card. Wanna see? 

Btw, RD stands for Raoull Darshan :)
Yeah, I donated a pair of Raoull's mittens to his dad. I can be creative too OK, although I am no where to be compared to that crafty Siamesecatz. So if you are lazy and immobile as me but want something nice and customized for your loved ones, you know where to go. http://shubiemohan.blogspot.com Not only hand-made cards, she has many more interesting stuff inside there.Price is very reasonable, and guess what I got as a complimentary from her? Please be jealous!

Thank you Shubie. I love it! 
Saturday came, a day prior to Father's Day. I had a prayer to attend in the evening so I rushed out to the saloon leaving Raoull behind with his dad. I can hardly manage my own hair nowadays. I stopped by at Jusco to get a gift for Andrew. Andrew got my papa's and his dad's gifts ready, so it was my turn to get him one. These are some of the little things he does which makes me fall for him over and over again. I can definitely count on him for anything and everything! 

Fathers' Day! Andrew and I took turns to tidy up the house while keeping both our eyes on our little one. By 7pm, all was done. Presents were all wrapped; dinner was ordered - Dominos Spicy Sambal set and KFC; cake was baked by my very own sister *we missed you ka*; pretty party lights were switched on; Raoull got dressed and finally guests came pouring in. 

I had to take off my photographer hat and put on the hat of a host. So this was the only picture I could capture that night *sigh*. Nevertheless, the party was GOOD and hope everyone had a good time with us, although it was a very simple one. 
From left: Steven, my BIL, my Papa, my Fil, my Husband. Our little sunshine, Yoshan was the guest of honor. 
The clock was at half past 12 when everyone left. After cleaning and putting Raoull to sleep, the 2 of us crashed on the bed. We were tired but our eyes were filled with happiness alone.

"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." ~Clarence Budington Kelland

Happy Fathers' Day All!

Ta...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Gal...

    Aiyo.. your compliments are so over-rated la.. I'm still new in the biz... *blushing* Thank you.. it's a great beginning.. Coz I received my second order.. Hehehe... I L-O-V-E with what you did for the inner card.. CREATIVE! Since you are SAHM-Stay at home mommy.. Why not you pick up crafting.. tsk-tsk... XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all know about Shubie's creativity and that explains why all the cover of the cards were pretty. All your craft work memang cantek, Shubie.
    Apart from that, I LOVED what you (yes,you Vaani) did for the inner card. You are very creative too. Maybe u shud take Shubie's advice n start ordering your craft supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies but nola,I'm not very much into crafting babe, so am gonna let Shubie do her business without any competition. LOL. Love yall.

    ReplyDelete